Monday, August 18, 2008

A week to go and SO much to do!

Whoa. Only one week left. Have I mentioned how sad I am that summer vacation is almost over?! I really, truely am NOT ready!!!
So I have been thinking about all the fun activities we have done this summer; Lagoon, Water Parks, Vacations, sleeping in, going on bike rides and long walks, rodeos, visits to Sandy, sleepovers, etc...and although that seems like alot, I have so many other fun things I want to do with my kids before they go back to school!

Yesterday we took a drive over to Antelope Island. That was an interesting adventure. It's a big island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. Maybe it's not exactly in the middle, but it's located somewhere in the lake. Thankfully you can drive to it. It has lots of Buffalo that roam about. We were able to tour an old ranch while we were there. It dates back to when the pioneers settled here. It was a fun hands-on farm with tractors and old tools, an old house to roam around in-complete with bloomers hanging out to dry on the clothes line! We went in old cellars and sheep herders quarters, and even got up and close with some of those buffalo. IT made for a fun Sunday family day.

There's one activity checked off my list at least. We better get moving!

1 comment:

Roman-Krauth Family said...

I KNOW ISN'T IT SAD ITS OVER. NOT ONLY DO THE KIDS GO BACK BUT SO DO I!!! AHAHAH!! I AM TAKING SO MUCH CREDITS I AM FREAKING OUT!! AND CHLOE STARTS DAY CARE AT THE U WELL ITS ONLY 2 DAYS WE ARE UP THERE...TIME TO GET BACK TO THE HW.......WE WILL TRY TO COME UP SOON I PROMISE...THE NEXT TIME THE KIDS ARE HOME ON THE WEEKEND OK!!