Friday, August 22, 2008

School days

Yesterday the kids both had their back-to-school orientations.
Kelsey's began at 3:00 and did not end until 5:30. Holy cow, that was an ordeal!
We had to go to each of her classes in order for 15 minutes for instruction about the school and the class. She seems to have great teachers and some really fun classes. Apparently her choir teacher is one of the best in the state and has won many different awards. He was by far my favorite!
We found her locker and met her locker partner and found out she has first lunch with her 2 best friends Cassidy and Kaisha. Exciting!

Zack's back-to-school night was much easier. We walked into his classroom and the teacher knew right away who he was. Strange, since we are new. But I could tell that she did her homework. She knew he was new to the school and told him how excited she was to have him in her class. She was very welcoming and sweet. She told us about all the fun things they do, and we are both very excited! I get to help in the classroom-that's why I am so happy! I love to volunteer in my kids classes. I think Kelsey would have a heart attack if I were to do anything at her school, so I will mostly focus on Zack this year. But little does Kelsey know, Cassidy's mom already roped me into helping with the bookfair during conferences! Hehehe!!!

It still seems strange to be going to these new schools after attending Sandy for so long. I miss my school dearly, but I think we will adjust just fine here too. I've never heard Kelsey talk so positively and be so happy. I know we did the right thing with this move.

No comments: