Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm not old enough!

Am I really old enough to have a daughter in Jr. High? Apparently.
Today we registered Kelsey for middle school. I can't believe this day has come. School doesn't actually start for another week, but I cried today. My baby is growing up so fast. Everytime I blink she is an inch taller. Yes, she is taller than me.
I have put off registering the kids for school until what seems like the last minute. But only because I LOVE having them home with me. It's been especially nice since we are in this new home in a new world. I really dread them going back to school. I am not finished having a fun summer!!!
So, the school is great. It's a newer school in the middle of corn fields of course. And the best part is their school colors are Maroon and Grey-good ol' Jordan High School colors! YEAH! They have a lot of different electives to choose from, which is so different from Mt. Jordan. She is most excited about the drama class. That was always my favorite class too! Maybe we are more alike than we think. Hum.....
I registered Zack this past week too. His school is a little older. It kind of reminded me of Sandy Elementary back when I went there. Kind of funny. I guess we were just spoiled with all of the upgrades after the fire there.
I have to say how fun it is driving to his school though. We pass a herd of Bulls, then there are the fields and right next door to the school is a big farm with tons of cows that graze at the fence! It's so different.
They will both ride the bus, which I am freaking out about, but will get over. Especially with gas prices the way they are. Neither of them seem to be nervous-just me! So, I am now a mom of a 7th and 3rd grader. Well, not really, I still have 9 days! Hehe.

2 comments:

Roman-Krauth Family said...

Good luck....I think it would be nice to have that fresh start of a new world. Preston is in his last year of elementary and of coarse he got the only male teacher in the whole school who is suppose to be really strict...but I think he needs that. Are you going to work in the school up there? We are trying to decide what to do when we have baby #4 and me still in school. Maybe we will move up there so you can watch my kids...hehe!!

di said...

hurry up and sell that house!!!!!!!
we miss you!!!!!!