Monday, August 18, 2008

A little stressed out

Well, it's definitely a Monday.
The day started out early. I had to take Kelsey to her school to get her ID card. We were told to be there early or wait for hours. We were there early and still had about an hours wait. It gave me a chance to look around at all of the kids and staff to get an idea what my daughter was in for though. Seems like a good school, good kids. We don't know many people here yet, but we did run into the few we do know. It's so nice to know some of the other parents are as worried as I am! Anyway, the ID card turned out cute, but they couldn't fully process it because I waited until last Friday to register her and they don't have her ID number yet. It figures. But it was a good thing that we went anyway, turns out she needed the card for the Stomp they held today. Yes, a stomp, a school dance/get together. I was NOT prepared for this. Of course she just HAD to go. So I dropped her off and told her NOT to dance with any boys. I think she thought I was joking. I guess I thought she still thought boys had cooties. O-dear. When I picked her up she told me that she danced with a couple of different guys! YIKES! Okay, stress. So not only is my daughter grown up and going to Jr. High, but she likes REAL boys, not just the teen-bop magazine boys. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I've decided to lock her up and home school her. Really.

So, that just adds to my stress I forgot to mention that happened yesterday. Well, first of all, I have not loved our new ward. We constantly have new members coming in every week. Everyone is new and nobody knows anybody unless they are their direct neighbors. So, I had been dreading Sundays up to yesterday because I always have to sit alone. Well, yesterday I decided to take a new approach, thanks to my friend Kerri (from my old school)and my husband, and I decided that I would approach someone and make a friend. It worked. I made a few new friends and actually had someone to sit with in Relief Society. HOORAY FOR ME!
Wait, this is the good news, back to the stress...
Okay, so in Sacrament we are listening to yet another newbie in the ward. (Wonderful speakers though) As I listen, I am thinking "wow, we are so lucky to have been over-looked on giving a talk. We've been here just over 2 months now and it seems like they grab the new people right as they move in! Good for us. I would totally say no if they asked anyway". Really, that's what I was thinking. So, after Sunday School one of the Bishopric called us in to talk to him. I figured we were getting a calling. Oh, no. Not a calling. We were asked to speak next Sunday in Sacrament! Darn my thoughts! AHHHH!!!! My heart is beating rapidly, and I'm thinking I just may pass out or worse-DIE. I flat out told him NO. I most definitely do not give talks. No way-no way-no way. Sorry dude. He looks at Mike and asks him what he thought. Of course he dosen't exactly want to, but wasn't about to say no. So, bishopric guy, I think his name is Ray, say's to me, how about if you just introduce your family and have Mike give the actual talk. Hum.....still NO! He begs and pleads and Mike tells me it won't be so bad. So, guess what? I SOMEWHAT agree. I told Mike that I MIGHT, only if he writes the talk, buys me a new outfit, including shoes, and is my back-up incase I chicken out. And if I chicken out, I still get the outfit. He agreed, so I agreed. WAHT HAVE I DONE?????
I guess check back next Sunday to see if I live though this. In the mean time, I have 5 days left to completely stress out about this. I may be hospitalized by the end of the week if things don't stop coming at me like this. One thing at a time. Geesh!

1 comment:

That One Guy said...

Hehe!

It seems I met YOU during middle school/jr. high and, as I remember it... you liked a boy that happened to be a great friend of mine! (Isn't that HOW we met?!)

Oh how the times roll around... I'm certainly not looking forward to Mandi and Kimmie hitting that age. ;)

Have fun with that! Y'all rock!