Sunday, July 13, 2008

Friends and Family

Today we had the honor of attending a farewell for our dear friend Reece.
Reece is one of those guys you hope your daughter grows up to marry! Reece comes from an amazing family that we just love dearly. Afterall, they are the Mower family-but no relation to us. He will be serving a LDS mission in Boston, MA.
How cool is that? All the history in MA. I think it would be so cool to visit there some day!

It was so great to attend church in our old ward again. It felt like home. What am I talking about? It still is home! Our Sandy Ward is so great I will always think of them as family.

I realized today that I never blogged about our going away party that our wonderful ward family threw us before we left.
Our friends had a BBQ for us a few days before we left. Nearly the entire ward came, which was so great. We were able to spend time with everyone we love. And realized just how many great people we know and love. We also realized just how far we have come. Many of those people I have known my entire life! And because of so many of them, I, we, are where we are today.
So be sure to check out the pictures I am slide showing of our wonderful friends on that special day.

I also have to mention that we got to spend some time with another great young man today that we are equally proud of. His name is Colton Hill, and he leaves tonight for the Marines! AWESOME! I have known Colt since he was first born. I babysat him for many, many years and it is so wonderful for me to see him become the great man that he is-proud to serve our country!
What great young men we know. Serving God, serving our Country. I love these men!

No comments: