Thursday, July 3, 2008

And the fun begins!


So we just began our weekend adventure of putting in a yard. Whoa.
I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work, and dirty, hard work at that. But I really had NO idea what we were getting into. We decided to start by renting a bobcat. First of all, they DO NOT come with operating instructions. Thankfully Mike is pretty handy when it come to construction and not to mention that he's had a little training from my dad who operates heavy machinery for a living.
He will probably spend the majority of the weekend trying his best to level out the ground and clear the 6 foot wheat grass from our property. Yikes!
I ordered 3 foot boulders for the front yard. That certainly wasn't cheap. But, they can be here Tuesday morning and set them for me. Yippie!!!
Now I am just hoping to get someone over to help with the sprinkler system so I can get my sod ordered. Speaking of sod-anyone up for a sod laying party?! hehe. Seriously.

No comments: