Monday, July 7, 2008

A scare in the garage




So earlier today Mike and I were out talking to our neighbor Jim. I'm not sure how or why the subject came up, but I asked Jim if there were any fruit bats around here. Good question I thought, due to the fact that we are in farm country here. Afterall, we had them out in Sandy. Well, thankfully Jim said that he has never seen them out here. Then we got on the bug and spider subject. Yuck. Needless to say, I walked back into the house feeling like I had creepy crawlies all over me!

So a few hours go by and I walk outside to take pictures of my hubby's dirt bike we are selling (that's a whole other story!) and Mike says "Whoa cool, there's a bat in the garage." As I look up to see some flying object fluttering along the celing I run screaming frantically into the house to see my children laughing their heads off. As I look back out into the garage, I realize that it is actually a cute little hummingbird that can't figure it's way out. Not the big, hairy, scary bat I had imagined-thankfully! It's not easy getting a picture of a hummingbird, but these pictures didn't turn out too bad.

No comments: