Saturday, March 28, 2009

My beautiful girl


Time sure flies.

I was always told to cherish every minute when my kids were little. That time flies by so quickly. How right they were!!!
I have loved every minute of watching my children grow. And thankfully they are still some-what young enough to enjoy! Although, these teenage years are sure coming fast.

Alixx started the 7th grade this year. MIDDLE SCHOOL. Wow.
I guess I always figured she would stay little forever. She was so excited to go. Not too worried about finding all of her classes, not knowing anyone, not having recess, etc.. etc.. I was the nervous one! Nervous about my baby growing up that is!

Middle school has been great for her. Her school is wonderful and full of great opportunities.
She took choir this year and has absolutely loved it. She has performed 3 times now and we are looking forward to one more to end the school year. Her teacher is simply amazing.

She has also been in the school play, which she loved. She has a great drama teacher and is looking forward to drama 2 next year. She is on the track team, and is so proud that she can run 5 miles non-stop! I would probably have a heart attack and die. I am so proud of her for trying things that interest her.

I think one of her favorite things about this school are the dances.
They had the spring dance last night and she looked GORGEOUS! How could she not? She is GORGEOUS! She danced with lots of boys, which I'm not overly excited about, but I know she is a good kid and I trust her.
I'm just glad that we have a good realationship and she feels comfortable talking to me. I hope we will always be close and I hope she knows how proud I am of her and how much I love her!

No comments: