Saturday, March 21, 2009

Indecisive

Well, we are getting ready for an Open House today to try to sell our home. Up to this point I have been ready for it to sell so I can go "home." However, this past week I have been a little sad thinking about it. And last night, as I watched Zack and the many, many neighborhood kids play in the dirt pile in the empty lot next door, I was sad thinking about leaving.

It's all about me, this move. It's because I haven't been able to handle being away from my family. Well, I guess it's not all me, but mostly!

The kids are so happy here, and as I mentioned, there are so many kids for them to hang out with. The weather has been SO great this week, and with the time change, it's been light outside until nearly 8:00. Zack has spent every minute he could playing out in the dirt. They are building a "climbing wall" for the neighborhood kids to play on. i LOVE it! It reminds me of when I was a kid. I had so many friends to play with in the neighborhood that I was never alone or bored! At out old house we hardly any kids. The kids were constantly complaining they were bored and always wanted to go to Grandma's just for a change of scenery!
BUT, at the same time, Zack was telling his friend Josh about our wonderful yard at the old place was and that he missed it. He loved climbing the trees (we have none here!) and playing in the playhouse. I guess we could have those things here, but we are still missing our families. I guess we just have to get them out here!

I love how peaceful and quiet it is out here. Really. You never hear sirens or cars zooming by. Occasionally I hear a dog bark or a cow moo, but that's about it other than the laughter of the kids playing outside. And that I love!
Living in the country really is nice.
It certainly is a lot less rushed and stressful and not to mention safe!
UGHHH!!!
WHAT TO DO!!???!!

2 comments:

Roman-Krauth Family said...

Home can mean so many different things. I think it is where you can make your family a home and a safe place to play. Its not like you are in another state...we did love having you down here...but we are always here!!

WoodwardFam said...

Stay in the country!! We love having you here! Little boys need to play in the dirt. STAY STAY STAY!!!