Sunday, September 28, 2008

i wanna go home

Don't get me wrong. I love my new house. I love my new town. I like my new neighbors. Some more than others. I like our new ward. The kids schools are great.
BUT, I really miss my old home, my old city, my old friends and neighbors, our old ward and our old schools.
Yes, we went home this weekend. This always happens to me after a visit home.
We had a great day yesterday. We arrived in Sandy early so Kelsey could go to a girl scout activity at Boondocks. I spent a few hours with my parents and my brother Jesse. Jeremy and his band were playing in the X-96 Big Ass Show. I'm so proud of him!
Anyway, later that afternoon we headed over to my good friend (old neighbor) Wendy's for a BBQ. Her brother Matt, another good friend of ours has been staying with her and is getting ready to travel on, so we had to have a BBQ. That's just what we do!
Wendy's sister Grace, yes, another good friend of ours, and her husband Mark and their daughter Jessica, oh and Wendy's daughter Chelsey were there too. I truely miss this family, and our BBQ's. I'm so glad we were able to get together, even though it was a short time. And the food was so YUMMY!
After that we headed over to Mike's sister Monica's. She was hosting one of my vinyl lettering parties. She, along with Mike's mom and most of his sisters were there.
We don't get to see them much since we've moved. Especially because most of their get-togethers are on the weekends, and since Mike has to travel everyday, he definitly does not like to do it on the weekends!
We had a great time catching up and sharing creative ideas. I even got to see my friend McKinsie and her son Izac. It was great!
Unfortuately, time goes by quick, and before we knew it we had to get back out on the road. Kelsey's best friend was getting Baptized and we were running late. That's a whole other story! But, we had a wonderful time and I miss you ALL!
Thanks for a great day!

3 comments:

Roman-Krauth Family said...

we miss you too! It was so fun having you guys hang out that long at our house it doens't happen very often!!

KrosOhana said...

I know how you feel! I miss being able to have dinner with old friends and seeing our family when things are good and when tragedy hits. For me, it's a sacrifice I gladly endure to allow my husband to serve our country, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm checking you out a lot too!

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it

My weblog: Highly recommended Site