Sunday, January 4, 2009

HOME

This morning on an episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants, Sandy Cheeks the squirrel was homesick for Texas. I feel for her! No really. Later in the show, she realizes that "home" is where people know you and love you. This really made me homesick!

As we were sitting in church today I decided to look around and notice all the people that I care about and have gotten to know. There are a lot! A way lot more than I thought. I guess that when I get something in my mind, that's the way it is-and nobody can tell me different. Sometimes I have to see things for myself before I believe it's true. I guess I had in my head that I haven't really made many friends here and my "friends" are back home. That is NOT the case. I'm glad that I realize this now.

I still want to go home, and I will in just a few short months. But at least I will leave here a better person who has made many new friends, and learned MANY hard lessons about life. I might even miss it here-just a little! My home temporarily away from HOME.

1 comment:

WoodwardFam said...

What???? You can't leave us!