Saturday, January 17, 2009

A friend filled day

I had the best day yesterday.
Mike had some work down in Sandy and lucky for me, the kids and I were out of school so we got to go too. I had Mike drop Zack and me off at the elementary school so we could visit our friends. They had school, but get Tuesday off, so it worked out great.
We were greeted at the front doors by our former Principal and friend, Ms. Hoolihan. She was happy to see us and had a big hug for each of us. Our first stop was the main office. It was so great to see Kerri and Lori and the many teachers that were in there as well. My mom is working in the kitchen now, so Zack couldn't wait to get down to say hi to her.
We are really excited to get back there. I am really hoping that I can find a position back in the school. I miss the students, teacher and staff so much. It just felt so natural to be there-I almost answered the phone a couple of times just out of habit!
Everywhere we went yesterday we ran into old friends. It was great. I forgot just how small a large city can be! And while West Haven really is a great place to live, there's no place like home!

No comments: