Saturday, December 20, 2008

A nice trip home

Yesterday our family took a nice trip home to Sandy. Mike was already down there working, so my dad so graciously came to pick up the kids and me. The weather was awful. It was snowing so hard, and it took nearly 2 hours to get home. However, it was actually a great time for us to spend with my dad singing christmas songs and planning what we would do over Christmas break. The kids did well, only fought a little, and Zack won the game of who could last the longest without talking!

It was so nice to be home. I miss my family terribly, and as soon as we pulled in the drive way my eyes filled with tears. I want to be back there so bad. It's not that where we live is bad, in fact, this is such a great place to live and raise a family, I just NEED my family to be near by.

The kids were excited to spend time with their uncles and Kelsey was looking forward to a visit with her best friend Autumn. My mom made us dinner, then Mike and I were off to the Neil Diamond concert. (Thanks again Amanda!!!)

We decided to take TRAX downtown, however, so did everyone else. That was okay though, we met lots of funny Neil fans!
It took extra time to get there due to the snow, but once we were there, it was so worth it! It was such great show. I have seen him 4 or 5 times now, and he never let's me down!

We spend the night at my parents (thanks Jeremy for loaning us your room!) and went to Mike's parents for a yummy breakfast. It was so great to see everyone and I am SO looking forward to coming down again for Christmas.

No comments: