Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTMAS 2008

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone already. We had such a wonderful time, I'm sad it's over.
This was our first Christmas away from "home."
I was really having a rough time leading up to Christmas. I have missed our family terribly. I couldn't wait for Christmas so we could see everyone.

Every year we celebrate Christmas Eve at my parent's house. We have both of my grandmother's over, and aunts, uncles and cousins from both my mom's side and my dad's. It's a wonderful time and I look forward to it every year.
Christmas morning is usually spent at home waking up early to open gifts from Santa, then on to Grandma and Grandpa Kener's for breakfast and more presents with all the family. This too is a wonderful celebration that we can't wait for.

With the crazy winter storms that we have had this past week, we were worried about the commute back and forth. Both of our parents so generously invited us to stay with them to lessen the stress of the drive. We were so grateful, and decided to stay with Mike's parents. We had wonderful time, and it made it so we didn't have to change our Christmas traditions much. In fact, we were even able to sleep in bit more Christmas morning!

We received so many wonderful gifts, but my favorite of all was getting to stay 4 days and spending the most wonderful time with all of our family.

No comments: